11.13.2005

The Architecture Part


I am inspired by Architecture. Instant gratification is leaving a dent(crater sized) on our cultural & geographical landscape. The impact of lackluster, mediocre, cookie cutter residences along with the urban sprawl of our beloved cities will hit us eventually. I hope it's sooner than later. The capitalist in me cheers for the developers while the dreamer in me yearns for individuality, comfort & completeness in the design of every home. Eventually, my home may be the antithesis of the monotony I drive past daily. I wonder if it is possible to start with the standard template then add on the luster that is missing? Can luster be applied? Or is it buried into the design? I don't have the answer. All that to say this.. David Solnick Architects does amazing work. I suppose I could move to Palo Alto.

2 Comments:

Blogger ckim said...

Katie...welcome to the world of blogging! It is a wonderful way to keep up to date on friends! It's encouraging to see how architecture inspires you and especially for you to see beauty in the way things are formulated, designed and put into effect. God in that way is an artist in every form of the way, isn't He?

5:29 AM  
Blogger MayaStrang said...

that building is gorgeous! i love it. good stuff.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home