1.31.2006

A time machine, please..

Weekly rambling. Have you ever felt like you need a good solid week of focus to get caught up? Well, right now I am feeling more like I could use a month. A day at the beach just relaxing sounds incredibly tempting but is far from happening. Life is slightly a blur lately. As most of my close friends and family know.. I've been putting in some long work weeks. I have some great opportunity's at work and love my job, but I can't go for too long of a streak without stopping to catch a breath. Tonight I'm taking a small breath. Maya reminded me to jump back in the blog world and that's a darn good idea. I feel like I got alot accomplished tonight. I forgot how relaxing doing laundry & emptying the dishwasher can be. When everything else is a whirlwind it is nice to take a few minutes and put things back in there place. What else is going on?
Shawn and I have been going to Summit Church for a couple of months and every week we know that is where we belong. Every week we are challenged to do more, to reevaluate, to lengthen our stride in our spiritual walk. I certainly make my share of poor choices and Summit is just what I need on a weekly basis as a reminder of what Christ's death and life really meant and why my choices matter.
My brother and sister-in-law are expecting a little boy in just a few weeks. I am so excited! He is going to be ridiculously spoiled and the damage caused will take decades to undo. I can't wait!
I am testing out some new hobbies, one of which is running. It's not really a new habit since I've been running on & off for about five years. Lately, I have been running much more consistently and I am running a 5k at Disney this upcoming weekend. It's so great to live in this country, there is so much to do. Freedom is taken far too much for granted! I love it here!
I think that is enough rambling to get me back into the blogging world. I hope that I can be a little more consistent with this whole endeavor over the next month. I'm turning 22, ahh!!! I better shape up fast!

3 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

to be young and so free to do whatever!!! :) how great! enjoy all your deep breaths of fresh air in life. so cool you found a great church home too!

4:27 AM  
Blogger MayaStrang said...

22? i'm turning 27! that means i am 5 years older than you. that means that my little brother is 2 years older than you. crazy! you are so grown up i forget how young you actually are. :)

that is very cool that you are running the 5k this weekend. have a great time!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mommynurse said...

I'm so glad that you and Shawn have truly found a church home that challenges and shapes your walk with the Lord.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home