2.08.2006

The new week is half way over.

It seems that every Wednesday I get this strange feeling when I realize that the new week is half way over. It is 4:30am and I was on my way out the door to work when I realized that I may not have too much more time to squeeze in a post before our weekend trip to Syracuse. Syracuse, here we come! We will be leaving early Friday morning and coming back Monday night. I am so excited to catch up with Shawn's family. They always spoil us when we visit. It has been a mild winter this year, so we were worried that their would only be slushballs to be thrown. But, I heard that they got a refill on the white powder. I'm hoping that I'll make it to Labrador for some snowboarding action. It's gonna be tight, here's hoping that I can fit it in. I miss the solitude and excitement of the mountains.
We made it to the starting line of the Wendy Chioji 5K on Saturday, despite the pouring rain. Then we made it to the 1-mile marker in 7.5 minutes, not bad! Then, well... things slowed down. My running buddy had been slightly limping the week before and with much admonishment still insisted on running the race. Like I said the first mile was smooth but somewhere between 1.1 & 1.4 we slowed down. The last 1.9 miles took us 44.5 minutes. 3.1 miles in 52 minutes in the rain. Now, that is a record. By the time we made it to the nearest building we had to call security to wheel him to the car. He has been on crutches at work since then. The official diagnosis is "lower leg pain." What is our healthcare system coming to? Moral of the story, pain is there for a reason, don't push it. The good part is, despite the crutches and the lengthy explanation, there are at least two other people at work that want to run the next 5K with us. Go figure! It was definately an experience for the books. When things go like that, I might as well finish with style. So, I grabbed a king size snickers for the road.
I'm turning 22 tomorrow. Old age is creeping up on me. 22 is a strange number, I haven't liked birthdays since I turned 17. Ok, maybe I like the birthday just not the increasing number. It's a homerun weekend with my birthday, our trip to NY, then Valentines day. If only every weekend were this good. I am so spoiled. Until next time...

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

happy birthday and excuse my hearty laughter right now. 22 old? what the? you are so so young. I feel so so young and I'm going to be 30. Seriuosly... when you are 30 you will laugh that you thought 22 was old. See it as growing, being more mature, expeirenced. Each year provides an opportunities to meet goals!!! Its awesome.
dread bdays since 17, that is crazy katie!

12:42 PM  
Blogger ckim said...

22???!!! Oh my goodness! You are so mature for your age! Happy Birthday! You have so much ahead of you and enjoy every moment, experience and opportunities! Life's been good and at 26 I'm continuing to learn and grow a ton! Miss you.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Mommynurse said...

I hope your Birthday and trip to New York were wonderful. Love ya girl-at least you aren't turning 29.

9:10 PM  
Blogger MayaStrang said...

oh happy birthday. i hope you had a great one and a great trip to NY.

i miss seeing you so much. i bet when we get out boat out i'll see you tons! :)

love ya!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home